You determine the amount of the monthly costs for renting baby products. You can choose from two price categories for each product: New and Refurbished. But what exactly does that mean?
New – save up to 50%
- Baby products from top brands for about half the price of new
- New and therefore never used
- Cheaper than buying!
- Minimum lease term
Refurbished – save up to 70%
- Baby products from top brands for about a third of the new price
- We guarantee that the products are in excellent condition and of good quality - so no risks and search costs such as when you buy used baby products yourself at Marktplaats
- Cheaper than buying and leasing for a New price
- Can be canceled on a monthly basis
We only rent out products that are in excellent condition, because your baby deserves the best. So you will not receive any products with stains at home. There may be minimal user traces present. If you look at our customer reviews, the quality of the Refurbished products is cited as very good.
- All products are thoroughly checked and cleaned before being passed on to the next family.
- Safety is our number one priority. All our products comply with European safety standards.
- In product selection, we take recognized brands into account. Our specialists check the functionality of the products the moment they come back to us.
- In addition, we use natural cleaning agents as much as possible.
Fair question! But we can reassure you, because it is super safe to reuse baby items! You can actually compare leasing baby equipment to borrowing baby equipment from family or a good friend or acquaintance. We always carry out a thorough safety check on our products to ensure that they are still in good condition. How does such a check work? For example, with a Maxi Cosi car seat, we check whether the styrofoam is still intact, whether the car seat is not older than 8 years, etc.
We use standard child-friendly paint and glue to refurbish and/or repair the baby equipment.
In addition, you can always order a new mattress from your crib / co-sleeper. For those who opt for a Refurbished mast mattress - this is perfectly possible! You will not find mould, bacteria and dust mites in our mattresses or linen. We clean the mattresses so thoroughly that 99.97% of the dirt is removed! So our mattresses are probably cleaner than your own bed
We select our products based on five criteria:
- Safety: the products must comply with European safety standards.
- User-friendliness: the products are easy and intuitive to use.
- Quality: products are easy to maintain/clean and refurbish.
- Style: products are beautiful and stylish and therefore fit into any interior.
- Sustainability: products should be made for the most part from sustainable materials.
Are you missing a product in our range that you think is useful to lease? Let us know. We keep our offer up-to-date and are always open to suggestions.
When you have ordered a New product, these baby products are new.
When you order baby equipment for the Refurbished price, these products have been used before. Sharing is more sustainable and reuse is part of that.
But new or used, it doesn't really matter to us. We always make sure that the products are in very good condition!
Yes of course! But of course we prefer that you return the baby products so that we can reuse them. We also understand that some products are just too nice to return, or that you just have good memories of them, so we have come up with a solution for that! If you would like to keep a certain product, please let us know via the contact form and we will make you an offer. We never charge more than the recommended retail price. This way we hope to motivate you to return the stuff, but we keep it affordable if you want to keep it. Reasonable right?
Minor/repairable damage products
Accidents can always happen, especially when dealing with babies. We will therefore not be difficult if there is damage that is very minor or that we can repair. Think of: loose seam, small hole or stain in an inconspicuous place or paint that has peeled off a bit.
Serious / irreparable damage products
If there is damage that we can no longer repair and that makes the product unusable or that jeopardizes safety, you must call us immediately, send a message to: 06-16257 976 or email us at: email@example.com. We will then arrange a replacement product for you. We will charge a maximum amount of 75% (minus any discount) of the retail value minus the lease amount that you have already paid. Think of: stain or damage in a conspicuous place, wood that cannot be repaired.
Please always return damaged products, so that we can donate them to a good cause, such as the BabyBullenbank Foundation or BecauseWeCarry (refugee families in Lesbos).
The minimum lease term for refurbished products is 1 month. You can also use it for 1 week and return it, but you will stay pay for 1 month.
For new products, the minimum lease term as indicated on the page of the specific product applies. For example, for the Stokke Newborn set this is 4 months, for a Snuzpod Cosleeper it is 3 months, and so on. So take a look at the product page to find the minimum lease term.
We do not have a maximum lease term. Are you no longer using the product? Let us know and we will cancel your subscription.
When you order from BabyLoop you pay immediately for the first month's rent. The next payment will be made 1 month after you have received the baby products. From that moment on, the payment will continue automatically every month via the direct debit process until the moment you cancel. The notice period for New Products is stated on the website with the product (the minimum lease term that depends on the type of product), after which a notice period of 1 month applies. For Refurbished products, a notice period of 1 month applies from day 1 of delivery.
With small orders, it is economical (and environmentally conscious) to pick up the package yourself, so you do not pay shipping costs. You can indicate in the comments field on the payment page whether you want to pick up the items in Amsterdam. otherwise we charge €6.90 for sending the products via DPD or PostNL, or €14.90 for a DHL delivery appointment at your home.
The baby products can come to your home in two different ways.
1. Package will be sent via DPD and PostNL. You will always receive a track-and-trace code, so you know when your package will be delivered. However, if you are unexpectedly not at home, no problem. You can simply pick up the baby equipment at a DPD or PostNL point in your area. In that case, make sure you bring strong arms, because the package can be large and heavy.
2. Pick up yourself at BabyLoop Amsterdam. If you live nearby, it is economical (& environmentally conscious) to pick up or return the package yourself, so you don't pay shipping costs. Indicate with your payment notes whether you want to collect and/or return it in Amsterdam, Vrijheidslaan 55-hs, 1079 KE Amsterdam, and we will contact you to arrange this.
Contact us via the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, or via the telephone number: +31(0)6 16257976. We will then do our best to facilitate the delivery or pick up the items at your home at a desired time.
You can choose the delivery date of the leased baby products yourself! In the payment process you can specify the desired date on which you want to receive the products at home. We advise people to have the items delivered at home one to two weeks before the due date. You can of course order the baby products you have selected weeks in advance, as some products can sometimes be sold out for a longer period of time. If you place your order earlier, you have more certainty that we have the products in stock for your little one. If your baby is unexpectedly born earlier, just let us know! We will then ensure that the products you have ordered come to you as soon as possible.
In order not to disappoint anyone, we advise people to have the baby items delivered at home one to two weeks before the due date and to order the items one month before this date. If the products are needed sooner, no problem! Call, text or email us and we will try to post the products the same day or if possible deliver them to you. The lease period always starts at the time of delivery.
If you need baby equipment urgently, call us on +31(0)6 16257976 or send an email to email@example.com. We are easily accessible, so do not hesitate to contact us and we will look for a good solution together! Don't worry, we will arrange for the items to be delivered to your home as soon as possible. This won't be the first time we get an emergency call to deliver baby stuff within a few hours 🙂
You can decide monthly whether you want to keep or return your rented baby products. The first step is to cancel. To cancel, send an email, app, or contact us via the contact form.
If you no longer need the baby products, there are three options for returning:
- you can return it for free at BabyLoop location: Vrijheidslaan 55-hs, 1079 KE Amsterdam (let us know what time you will be arriving approximately, then we will take this into account)
- DHL or us will collect the baby equipment from you for €14.90 on a day that suits you.
- you can return the items to a PostNL service point for €6.90
- We will send you a return label.
- Print this label, stick it over the original label
- Hand in the package at one of the ~4,000 PostNL service points. Preferably in the original packaging, so we waste less! Also keep the proof of shipment well. This is the proof that you have returned the items.
- When the products have been received by us again, you will receive a confirmation.
- Click here to find the nearest PostNL service point in your area.
We are confident that you will be extremely happy with our quality gear for your little one. If you have changed your mind, no problem! It is possible that a product from our baby equipment collection is not to your liking. Only for new products and not for Refurbished products you have the right to cancel your order up to 14 days after receipt without giving any reason. After cancellation you have another 14 days to return your product. Provided everything is in the original packaging and is unused and undamaged, you can return it free of charge and we will only charge the shipping costs (round trip). BabyLoop ensures that the order amount minus shipping costs is refunded to you within 14 days of receipt of the returned product.
Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your right of withdrawal, your order number and name and we will arrange it for you!
We are very sorry if you have a complaint! Of course we hope it doesn't happen, but nobody's perfect. So if you do have a complaint, we recommend that you first make complaints known to us by emailing email@example.com or 06-16257976.
If possible, we will answer your questions/complaints immediately. In the unlikely event that this is not possible, we will in any case let you know within what period you can expect an answer from us. BabyLoop will in any case deal with complaints within 30 days.
From 15 February 2016 it is also possible for consumers in the EU to register complaints via the ODR platform of the European Commission. This ODR platform can be found at http://ec.europa.eu/odr. If your complaint is not being handled elsewhere, you are free to file your complaint via the European Union platform.
BabyLoop is sustainable in many ways.
- Firstly, we offer products from producers who consider sustainability to be of paramount importance.
- In addition, we look at the material use of the various products, for example the fitted sheet is made of organic cotton and bears the Oeko-tex quality mark.
- We also pay attention to whether the products are sturdy and can last for several generations.
- For every 100 euros we spend, 1 tree is planted.
- And we have made our supply chain more sustainable. DPD is our preferred supplier in the field of parcels. These packages are delivered CO2 neutral.
- But of course we achieve the greatest profit by reusing all items, so that less waste or fewer raw materials are used and we minimize our CO2 footprint.
Read this blog for more info on BabyLoop and sustainability.